Wednesday, November 27, 2013

New hair color! Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Foam


It's getting colder out, the nights are coming sooner, the sun barely shines... and my hair needed a rich dark change too. Off I went to Kroger's to find me the right color. That's tricky. I often pick something way to dark and flat, something not dark enough, or a color that brings out a lot of red. 

Let me be clear, I HATE coloring my hair. I love the look of it afterwards but my hair is so long that it's an absolute pain to do it. I often miss area's too. I'm just not good at it. 

This time around I wanted to give a foam dye another chance and I chose: 

Soft Black

I stood there for a long time debating between soft black and dark brown and ultimately went with the soft black. I was scared. I've had awful experiences with black dyes. Most of the time it comes out too harsh, too dark and too flat.  This color came out exactly as I was hoping. It's borderline black, borderline really dark brown. It's really rich and has a lot of shine. I'm really pleased.  

The application was relatively easy. You first pump the foam onto your roots then move on to the rest of your hair working it in like shampoo. It was a little strange but worked. While working it in, my hair became really tangled and almost straw like. Once I washed the dye out and conditioned my hair felt softer than before.   

Here are some picture of the color. Sorry if the picture are a little blurry. I dropped my iphone and there is a crack right over the camera lens. Boooo. 




So, that's that. I'm very happy with the color.

Hope you have a wonderful night & if you're from the US, Happy early thanksgiving!!!
LOVE,
SARAH




1 comment:

Betty Yahaira said...

Very pretty!! I like the foam dye better. It's less messy.