Thursday, April 19, 2012

Work it out! Getting fit!

I'm not going to bombard you with health posts because this is a "make up" blog but I'm super excited and hopefully my journey can help someone else struggling in the process. I know that I'm "in shape" for the most part (I have iffy areas, believe me!) but internally is where I think I was a mess. A week before I heard about the Body by Vi challenge I actually went to the doctors because I felt like something was really wrong with me. I was chronically tired. So, I thought maybe I had a thyroid problem. I was in perfect condition other than I was deficient in the vitamins and minerals I needed. Well, duh, Sarah! I wasn't eating any veggies, fruit and hardly any protein. I was replacing meals with coca-cola! So, now I started drinking the shakes and taking vitamins (breakfast and lunch)... I don't drink the cokes because I feel full! For the first time in a LONG time I feel like I'm truly doing something really positive for myself... to be the best me possible, to be the best mom I can be! I feel like the fog is lifting! 


I haven't worked out in 8 months so I'm going to take it slow but I'm going to do it! It's better than not, right? Right! What's even more exciting is I know that what I'm giving my body is going to speed up the results I desire then what I was doing before... 3 cokes a day = not very much progress. 


So, today I did I full body workout using 5lb weights. It was a 25 minute workout. Weights is where it's at! Want results... USE WEIGHTS!! Just cardio is just going to make a larger pear into a smaller pear... weights is going to give you lean definition! 
My legs feel like jello... lots of squats and lunges! 




My goal: skinny is not the goal! Lean and strong is! 




If you are interested in the 90 Challenge I'm doing visit: sarahbella.bodybyvi.com or e-mail me at saritadunstan@hotmail.com and I can answer any questions or we can set up a time to chat about it via phone! 

The time is now. Time to change my life!!! :) So excited! 













9 comments:

MissyWillow21 said...

Hey Sarah, you look amazing for having 2 kids! I look forward to hearing more about what you are doing to get healthy! I am also trying to trim my hips and thigh area, and would love to hear what you are doing!

Tali said...

You look amazing. You look like the 'end result' as it is! POW! ;)q

Mrs. Blanton said...

I am on this track too and will make sure I keep up with your progess as well. Kinda like my motivation.
mommysguiltypleasures.blogspot.com

Riham said...

That is so great that you are doing this! you look gorgeous now.. I can only imagine the end result being fabulous! I myself am trying to get back in shape after having my daughter 7 months ago:) I started using 5 lb weights myself.. and I think you are so right about seeing results using weights.. Good luck Sarah!

Danielle said...

Ok, I don't mean to be cruel...but are you SERIOUS??????? Your "before" picture with your problem areas??? Are you kidding me? Did you just put it up there to get all the "You look great" comments???? If you want to tell us about your healthy lifestyle changes that's great, but don't put a pic like that up and tell us your body needs work!

Sarah Bella said...

Thank you so much girls! You can do this! Keep at it and the results will come!! :)

Sarah Bella said...

@Danielle
Well, of course I didn't post my picture to get "you look great" comments. I'm showing that I'm proof your goals are possible after having kids. So many people give up. I'm not giving up! I want to clarify... I never stated "problem" areas... those are the "targeted" areas I want to focus on and build muscle!

MommyBeGlam said...

You look amazing for having 2 kids. I do believe that us as mommy should take care of ourselves. And not let ourself go. I try so hard to eat healthy foods and exercise when i can. But you look great!! :)

Beauty Tips said...

Looks great.Nice post. :)