Friday, April 20, 2012

Current Obsession: Smith's Rosebud Salve

There are some classic products that you see all the time but don't give a second thought... but when you finally give it a try you think what took me so long! I love this stuff. One of the things I love the most is that it's been around since 1892! I love that even the tin looks antique. I've been a bit of a history geek lately. 
Aside from it being around for 120 years, this stuff is phenomenal! Probably why it's been around for so long!
This balm does everything! Most importantly... my lips are no longer dry and cracked. I apply this religiously. 


I love that the consistency is smooth as butter, however I'm not a fan of the scent. It smells like it was formulated 120 years ago but I can deal with it. Thank goodness you can't taste the scent. 


This is how you can use it: multi-purpose lip balm soothes dry lips, calms and heals irritation, and soothes the sting of minor burns. Try dabbing on dry elbows or knees to condition, and relieve dryness. Also an excellent remedy for the treatment of diaper rash.


Awesome! And it's only $7! Double awesome! :)


Do you love this stuff, too?
Hope you are having a great night!!



7 comments:

Mrs. Blanton said...

This has been on my list for awhile. Just might pick it up.
mommysguiltypleasures.blogspot.com

Mrs Independent said...

I have little tins of this everywhere because it works so great, but yes, the smell is a bit much. I often worry that I smell like an old woman!

Jamie
http://independentmrs.blogspot.com/

Donna Dell said...

i love this stuff!! works great on my cuticles

Shahida said...

Love it too! One of my favorite products :)

http://Love-Tell.blogspot.com

Lu said...

I have the C. O. Bigelow version that is carried at Bath & Body Works. I've had it for years, and I typically don't use it on my lips, but I have found that it saves my dry, cracked hands that split open at the joints from washing them a lot in the winter (I work at a preschool). I just dab a good amount on the cracked, open skin, apply a bandaid to hold in the moisture (and not get the salve all over everything) and go on with my day. By the end of the day, the split in my skin has closed up and almost healed. And the salve doesn't irriate the open wound.

Beauty Tips said...

Hi.........!That is stunning!I have to pick this up :)

denie relly said...

terimaksih mas infonya sangat bermanfaat sekali , Imformasi tentang make up mata sayu yang saya dapat dari blog anda menambah ilmu bagi saya.