Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Seeing red! Chanel "Gabrielle" swatch and review

Loving this color. If you have been searching for the perfect red... Gabrielle is your gal. I'm not one to pull off red very well but this color is so wearable and beautiful. Since I am not the biggest fan of red... well, I am I suppose, I think it's the ultimate color of class and everyone else seems to look amazing in it however it just never looked right on me. I think I was just picking the wrong tones of red for me. I saw a picture of one of my favorite fashion blogger icons Jennifer Stanto and knew I just had to have it. Like right now. Right away.
I mean... hello! how amazing does that look on her {everything does... but that's besides the point here}

I tried it on in the store and instantly loved it but trying to be somewhat of a savvy shopper these days I didn't buy it {being $32 a tube and all} and wanted to test it out to see how it wore/looked. As soon as I got home I wanted to run back to the store right away.

A few days later my husband took me out for dinner and handed me something wrapped in white...  Chanel "Gabrielle". What an amazing and thoughtful surprise. He knew how much I wanted it and told me he loved the color on me. *Swoon* Two thumbs up for a thoughtful men. 







The wear of this is amazing and lasts a really long time. It's definitely a matte which I really like because satin's seems to slip around a lot and you end up with red teeth. It's a very true red (blue based) and the color I think it's more comparable to is MAC Russian Red...however I didn't care for the wear of the MAC. I don't put this lipstick on full force... more of a dab action going on and voilà... it's perfection. 


Have you tried this beautiful red? What are some other REDS you like? I'd love to know.

Hope you are having a fantastic day!
















3 comments:

Phoebe Limanta said...

Nothing can be as beautiful as a Chanel red... Gorgeous colour :)

Jennifer Stano said...

Thank you so much for including me in your post <3
xoxo
Jennifer

Mollie said...

Oh, I love this color! I seriously want it. :)