Friday, November 18, 2011

Laura Mercier "Shy Pink" lip stain & plump lips


Let me introduce you to one of my new favorite lip stains- Laura Mercier "Shy Pink". I've never heard a review on this, never looked at it before or seen a single swatch online but it was truthfully love at first sight. This is my kind of color. Creamy nude pink with a hint of mauve. The texture is smooth and beautiful and lasts a pretty decent amount of time. Lip stain, is it? Um, no. Lip stain it is not. I don't know where they got that from. It's more like a creamy lipstick in a balm form with the sheen of a lip gloss. Multifaceted, indeed. It can be anything you want it to be. :)
The most surprising thing about this about this, for me, is that I had to double check if it was also a lip plumper. It's not, but it does something to my lips to make them look humungo! Who doesn't want bigger lips but they almost were looking too big. It was odd. I don't know how that happened but it did. I guess I can't complain and question the mystery of it. 
Stunning color- check.
Creamy texture- check.
Long wearing- check.
Unexplained plump lips- check, check, check.

{I paired this with a discontinued Dior lip liner so maybe the way I lined my lips made them larger but I'm thinking not} 







Have you tried this or any of the other colors of her lip stains? I am really, really loving this color!!

Hope you are staying warm and if it's over 80 where you are then it's just NOT fair!!




12 comments:

Phoebe Limanta said...

that is such a beautiful colour! must check it out when i go shopping today! thanks for showing everyone :D

Makeup Artist Jessica Rivera said...

Wow, that color is amazing

mbennett said...

Very Pretty!!!

Jess said...

pretty lip shade!!! it looks good on you!!!


http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com

Andi said...

Ok, I am buying this asap.

S4SisterStyle said...

hi!good blog,follow us if u like our blog and we will follow you too!
http://s4sisterstyle.blogspot.com

J. said...

I can definitely understand why you would love this color, its gorgeous!

Chelsey said...

that is such a beautiful colour! it looks good on you!
RevitaDerm Anti Wrinkle Cream

Gamze said...

like the color. so natural :)

nik said...

Hello! I just found your blog and I think it's AMAZING! The pics are great and I can see that You really like what you do here! I love people with great ideas, like you!
Your blog is inspiring! I will follow you!
xoxo

http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

Sd said...

lovely colour.. looks great on you:)

http://www.shellzdoll.com/

(^o^) Vane *0* said...

Good morning, my name is Amy and I am manager of a website. I saw your site and would like exchange links with you. I can add your site in my blog so that our visits will increase.
If these agree email me blogfebstore@yahoo.com
My site is www.febstore.com with title BEAUTY PRODUCTS