Sunday, January 30, 2011

Best $1.99 nail polish I've ever seen! Confetti "Moonstruck" (OPI METRO CHIC DUPE)




I'm really loving this nail polish. I bought it on a whim at 12am while doing some midnight shopping at CVS. I was looking at foundations at the sales women pointed me over the the nail polishes because she thought I should check them out. I have never heard of the brand Confetti before and honestly didn't have very high hopes for it seeing as it was only $1.99. I was wrong. This nail polish is everything I was hoping OPI's Metro Chic would be. I wasn't a fan of the Metro Chic... there was just something about it that was wrong on me. This color is VERY similar but a little more wearable with my skin tone. I like the finish better than I did with OPI's, it dried super fast, too... AND no streaks. I used two coats but I could get away just fine with only one. This is a really dark muddy gray/purple... it's lovely and the best part is it's only $1.99!

Sephora by OPI "Metro Chic"



Have you tried this brand before? Thoughts? If not... you must! I can only say good things about THIS color... not sure how the other colors wear {though they all looked quite pretty}. 





7 comments:

chipmunk face said...

I'm not too familiar with the OPI for Sephora, but I THINK (from other blogs & YouTube vids) that "Metro Chic" is the OPI Sephora version of OPI "You Don't Know Jacques!". I personally LOVE the OPI version; it's prob. one of my favorite colors ever. I hear it's also like Essie "Muff Mitts" or something of the sort, but I'm not a fan of Essie. The polish you bought, though, does look a lot like the OPI polish, at least in the photos.
FYI, not snarky-ness intended :)

chipmunk face said...

Lmao - when I went back to the original post, the photo of "Metro Chic" in the bottle came out - it didn't load when I originally saw it, sooooooooooooo ignore above comment.

Cindy Yang Lee said...

yea, the confetti looks much MUCH better. i should try that brand!

Dye-A-Graham said...

I tried Metro Chic and it didn't work...I tried Moonstruck and it was a fail...But I am in love with Sally Hansen 'Commander In Chic'..it is the perfect dirty taupe plum greige for me!! And it's super shiny and dries quickly. But sadly its not $1.99 like Moonstruck..hahaha

meleilikuone said...

OMG I AM IN LOVE WITH THAT POLISH!

PBunnieP said...

Wow thats a great find Sarah but shopping at MIDNIGHT? We girls need beauty sleep!
I've seen alot of cheap brands come out with some great colours but I'm always apprehensive about the lasting power etc.

thethriftedcrayon said...

Gorgeous nail colors! very trendy