Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tag: My perfect imperfections

There is a fun tag going around youtube but since I am on a long break from all of that I thought I'd post it on my blog. I love hearing what other women don't like because it kinda makes me not feel alone like "hey, I can't stand that about myself either... I guess I'm not alone in that". It's not that I like hearing what other women feel insecure about but it just makes you feel better knowing that not everyone thinks they are perfect because in reality nobody is. Even the most beautiful woman on earth has something she doesn't like about herself but sometimes those are the things that actually make her more beautiful. 


Now as the tag goes you have to name 3 things you really dislike about yourself {and things that bug you 'till no end} and 3 things you like about yourself. 


My imperfections (dislikes):


My nose:
Are you tried of me saying that yet? Some people still have it in their little heads that I've had work done on it but no.. I haven't. I will be the FIRST person to say I'd love a nose job if money was not object.  I'm not ashamed. My nose is pushed over too far to the right and looks crocked. It's really something I don't like at all. 


As you can see it's pushed this way -----> from when I broke it. Ugh! Bugs me.

My teeth:
I have disliked my teeth since I was in first grade. My teeth are more rounded and you can see my gums at the top. I guess I always wanted more movie star teeth a la Whitney Houston.


The bags under my eyes:
Nothing I can do can conceal them... they make me look tried and OLD. Grr. Hate those.


Can I only name 3?! Darn.

Now on to likes (or wouldn't change if I could)

Eye color:
I think my eye color is unique and the colored part of my eye is rather large... pretty much take up my whole eye. The downside to that is the colored part is so big that they don't make contacts to fit my eyes so my eyes are always getting red and irritated from contacts that don't fit right. 


Lips:
I guess I like my lips- it's not a love thing but I guess they are all right. Sometimes they look really full and then other days they don't. I have no clue why... maybe my lips retain water. ha ha


My skin:
For the most part I like my skin. Sometimes it gives me trouble but for the most part I am happy with it.


So, what are you're imperfections (or things that bug you) and what are the things you love! I'd LOVEEE to hear!!

PS-if you do this tag... let me know. I'd like to see it {on YT) or read it {on your blog}.

Love,
Sarah

21 comments:

Barbie said...

Awww, I don't see any of those things as problems on you! You are very pretty! And I definitely don't think there's anything wrong with your smile! :)

I hate my nose and smile too, though. lol

Rebecca said...

I noticed that about your eyes too, but they are pretty! I've seen another woman on Youtube who I think could be your sister lookalike. Jodienas. I think you two have similar looks and eyes.

Hollywood said...

Your imperfections are what make you who you are and trust me you are one of the most beautiful woman I ever seen
Ps: Your eye color is inedible it's GORGEOUS.

Love,
Chloé.

Christyrenee said...

You are so pretty! You really can't even notice the nose issue at all and I think you have pretty teeth!! =) But I totally get it. I have a deviated septum. I got hit in the nose when I was younger and never told anyone. I guess I broke it. Boy do I regret it now! I also dislike my teeth and have some issues with TMJ which is what caused my teeth probs. I tell other people about my nose/teeth they look at me like I'm crazy. But I see it everyday and bugs me so bad. So I completely understand!!! Just know that even though it drives you nuts bc you see it, other people prob don't and you're still beautiful =)

birminghamlady said...

hello there!
here is my post of perfect imperfections: http://bhamlady.blogspot.com/2010/11/tag-my-perfect-imperfections-again.html
hopefully you like it.
and...uhm.. you are so pretty! :P

Jasmin said...

Great post! You're beautiful the wa you are.

Farybell said...

Hi Sarah! You should have mentioned your eyebrows and your hair to what you would NOT like to change, i think you have the most goergous eyebrows and the healthiest looking hair!! Yor are a really pretty person both inside and out:) Have a nice weekend!

Anna Saccone said...

Okay Sarah...now I'm convinced you're crazy...LOL!! Beautiful, but very crazy...hahaha :) I can't see any of these "imperfections" you've pointed out at all, in fact all I see is a whole lot of perfections!! And I honestly never thought your nose looked broken, I think it looks symmetrical but then, I think I have an asymmetrical face and lots of people commented on my tag video telling me I don't so...I think we're all too critical of ourselves :) I'm sooo jealous of your eye-colour by the way, beautiful! <3

chipmunk face said...

lmao - maybe lips retain water.

Saminder said...

Sarah, what are you wearing on your eyes in that picture where you say that you like your eyes?? It's absolutely gorgeous! Please do tell :)

And trust me you are amazingly beautiful, don't think so otherwise. and i like your nose hehe.

Love, Saminder

aliciav63 said...

Sarah you are so beautiful..I know you hear that plenty. I wanted to let you know that it is too bad because of all the negative trolls that hounded you you decided to stop the youtube , i looked forward to watching you. But i can certainly understand and you did the right thing...why bother to engage in something that no longer was a positive but rather a dreadful activity. You have to just ignore those trolls...remember that thoughts are things and they just continue to attract into their lives those negatives because of the nature of their own thoughts. Well i am glad that you have this blog and love love it!!

oleandergirl said...

You have the most beautiful eyes, Sara! I was going to suggest you enter that 'Most Beautiful Eyes in America' contest that was going on a while ago (by Estee Lauder or Lancome I think...) you totally would have won! :)

ValentineKisses.com said...

Girl, you are BEAUTIFUL! It is too easy to pick apart ourselves, especially when it comes to a broken nose. I too have had my nose broken (twice) - once in high school and once 10 years later by my dog. The second time really made it look weird and it is something that stares at me everyday saying "I'm crooked!".I can totally understand where you're coming from! If all goes well, I will be able to fix it this spring/summer... at least that is the plan. But back on topic, you are beautiful - even all your so called "imperfections" :)

agultiano said...

You're Gorgeous I really dont see any imperfections.
-Angel

Susy said...

i dislike my nose,teeth & skin and i like my eyes,lips & long hair

Hannah said...

I adore your eyemakeup. ♥

manths said...

I have all the same hates as you (although yours aren't really justified because you're BEAUTIFUL!)
I just started reading your blog and I'm hooked already! can't wait for the next post!
Ive just started up my own blog, so if you want to follow my quest for a dark circles concealer that actually works (which I am yet to find) or just for a nose into my life, take a look at my blog and follow me if you like it!! barefacedbeautyfool.blogspot.com
keep up the good work!
sam xx

Jen W said...

Sarah you have the most perfect face!

Things that bug me about my appearance- My face isn't quite symmetrical (one jaw is slightly bigger than the other)
-My top right eyelid crease is abit wrinkly and looks different to my left

Btw, I am an optometrist. If you have a large iris diameter chances are you will be wearing contacts that are way too tight and this is really bad for your eye health long term. Get your optometrist to do a proper fit and there might have to be a custom made lens for you.

Janine aka J-Ezzy @ *La Dolce Vita* said...

i need to do this tag...

btw - your nose is beautiful...i too want a nose job but until then i embrace it since i share the same nose with all the women in my family (and majority of the men), your teeth are adorable, be glad they're not all filled (mines are...i don't know why my teeth just can't be healthy...i brush, floss, gargle hydrogen peroxide, brush with baking soda...grrr)

bags-i have em too, i can't even see yours!! your eyes just plan mesmerize me

Magui said...

Don't worry about those "imperfections" they are not noticeable what so ever :)
I don't like my nose which i find HUGE and a bit like a trumpet, I don't like my hooded eyelids and the budge(?) on my stomach ( hereditary).
On the bright side, I love my light blue eye color which clashes with my long dark brown hair. I also like my legs :)

www.beauty-fullmind.blogspot.com

Déborah said...

I CANT believe u dont like your nose, I thought u had a nose job because ur nose is so perfect! My nose is rouuund and not small, but still I dont hate at all, imagine if I had ur nose, I would love it hehe!! Anyway, u are gorgeous!!!