Thursday, July 29, 2010

Quick Update!

I feel like I am so out of touch from the beauty community... my computer has been broken for 2 weeks and it's STILL in the shop! :( I really miss you guys, blogging, reading blogs, making videos, watching videos... I miss it all. Having been without a computer for a few weeks has been a peaceful time for me and I almost feel like it's been good for me to be away but stealing a few hours on the computer (borrowed from my mother in law) makes me can't wait to get back at doing what I love.

I love beauty products, helping women, and finding amazing products to review but my time away has taught me that I don't *need* a mountain of products in my life. I need ONE foundation, ONE mascara and a few of this and that here and there. It's so easy to get caught up in everything when you find something new and beautiful each day online, but for me... that's not what makes my world go round. So, while I can't wait to get back to blogging and making videos my time away has brought a new prospective... I need to focus on the things I do have (and love) and stop trying to find the next best thing. It's a liberating thing! ;)

Hope you all are having a wonderful night and I'll talk to you when I get my computer back!

Besos~
Sarah

14 comments:

Stavroula said...

I hope you'll get your computer back very soon, we've missed you too Sarah! :) Yep we should enjoy the things we already have and show them some love instead of looking for new things! :)

drugstoreandbargainlover

Mercedes- Ms Purple Make-up said...

Hi Sarah...glad to hear from you and that you are ok.
I totally understand what you mean. Sometimes I think I'm too addicted to reading blogs and watching videos and there's more than that in life...obviously. I also agree with our insane need of purchasing new products to see if they are better than what we have which might be really good as well. We need to use up what we have already.
Have a lovely time with the boys.
XXX

http://mspurplemakeup.blogspot.com/

Kamani said...

I know what you mean. I feel like I get too caught up in buying new products and wanting all this stuff!

Biscuit and Bailey said...

Sarah, I just discovered your youtube tutorials and I love them! I hope that you come back soon! May I ask, do you have any good tips for choosing a perfect foundation match? I've been to Sephora a couple of times and asked to be color matched (I love the formulation of NARS Sheer Glow) but both times, I've come away looking either too pale or too dark...I'm clueless!

Veronika said...

sarah- it's so funny because this week I did an entire post about how I'm feeling the need to cleanse all of the "stuff" in my life and stick to things I love instead of buying yet another pink lipgloss :) it's my goal for this year!

v彥伶林 said...

Judge not a book by its cover.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

L.M. said...

You are very sweet and your videos are great. Looking forwrd to your next video....

Join me at:
http://www.beauty-is-within.blogspot.com/

家唐銘 said...

不能記住往事的,人注定要重蹈覆轍。.......................................................

Melly said...

I understand. My wallet would definitely appreciate me more if I took time away from youtube and blogger!

Can't wait until you get back :)

Scarlett said...

Looking forward to you coming back to the blogosphere!!!

I passed on a blog award to you over on my blog. Please check it out when you can! Thanks! :)

ShaGlam said...

thanks for this post! I just wrote about how this month I'm doing a sort of detox and part of it is to not buy any new products for a month. Watching yt and blogging is new to me and I got so into buying all of the products that everyone said that I must own, and it was getting a little out of hand. I definitely agree w/ what you said, and I think we need to take a step back and appreciate what we have. My goal is to stop giving in whenever I hear a new product name being dropped and try to find my HG products and stick with the same ones. There is a fine line between wanting to find the best product and getting product obsessed. thanks for the little reminder.

燕明中延 said...

耐心是一株很苦的植物,但果實卻很甜美。..................................................

CinereaBellFlower said...

That is so so true - I really need to start thinking like that too. I get so caught up in the excitement of buying new make-up/beauty products and forget half of the lovely products I already own and should use.

Please check out my blog:
www.cinereabellflower.blogspot.com

Thanks!

宣麟至上 said...

我是天山,等待一輪明月。......................................................................