Tuesday, June 1, 2010

De-scenting your smelly lipsticks...?

After I blogged about the L'Oreal Fairest Nude lipstick and how I didn't like the scent a few of my sweet readers suggested I "de-scent" the lipstick. Brilliant!! So I researched it and this is what you are supposed to do- simple and easy.



Just leave the cap off for a few days (no more than two days at a time) and the scent should wear off.

It didn't work on the stinkly L'Oreal lipstick! :( The scent it not as strong and definitely a lot more bearable but it's still there. I've let it sit open for about 5 days in total.


Have you tried this? Did it work for you? I didn't have much luck with mine!

Also, I'm still waiting to hear from my contest winner: "ASHWINI" I don't know if you contacted me through e-mail but I never got an e-mail from you!
Just make sure when you e-mail me you put "blog contest winner" in the subject so I know it's 
from you and let me know in the comments below that you sent an e-mail so I know it was
really from you! Thanks!


Have a good night!

15 comments:

asianlashes said...

great idea, but won't this be a problem with some lipsticks? because depending on the brand, i mean they could dry out and the lipstick would be good for nothing :(

Sarah Bella said...

@asianlashes-
I think as long as you don't leave it out for more than two days at a time you should be fine. :) MAC lipsticks at the store sit open for 12 hours at a time (or who knows if they put the caps on every night) and they seem fine... that's how I feel comfortable doing it when I think about it like that! :)

HelloGorgeous said...

I would try dipping it in alcohol and then letting it dry for a few minutes that should help a bit.

Please check out my blog dolls. May favorites just posted

http://hellogorgeous384.blogspot.com/

Hardcore Makeup Junkie said...

That's cool, thanks for sharing! I never knew you could de-scent lipstick! I will have to try this out next time I get a lipstick that doesn't smell so good :)

XOXO

hardcoremakeupjunkie.com

Hollywood said...

Never tried or even hear about this this is a great tip ! I am definitely going to try this today !

Love,
Chloe.

Scientific Housewife said...

I don't think I've ever had a problem with stinky lipstick before, lip gloss yes, but not lipstick.

Rebecca said...

I wondered about that method too. Because lipsticks have so much wax in them that a fragrance is throughout the entire tube. Leaving it out just gets rid of the surface scent...I don't smell mine after applying them. Loreal lipsticks have had that smells as far back as I can remember. It could be an ingredient used to make them smooth but longer lasting.

I BLEED PINK said...

Thanks for that tip. I have a lovely shade from Revlon that makes me sick everytime I wear it.

Ashwini said...

Hi Sarah, I just contacted you via email. Sorry it took me a few days; I have been away from my computer because my in-laws just came over a few days ago. Thanks, and I'm over the moon to have won!!! :)

Stavroula said...

Hi Sarah!

I love your blog (and your youtube videos of course), so how could I not pass on the Sweet Blog Award to you?!? :) Become a follower of my blog if you like it! ;)
http://drugstoreandbargainlover.blogspot.com/2010/06/thank-you.html

Hugs,
Stavroula

Melissa said...

Never heard of this! Thanks for the tip:)

Melissa
http://xxlilymakeupxx.blogspot.com/

熙辰 said...

幸福不是一切,人還有責任。..................................................

政儒 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。..................................................

于名于名 said...

Subtlety is better than force. ............................................................

Sofia said...

I HAVE ONE OF THEIR IPSTICKS IN NUDE AND HATE IT CUZ OF THE SMELL..IVE NEVER WORN IT :(