Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My new obsession! Press on nails! Who knew!?

I have the hardest time keeping my nails looking nice.... they actually look quite horrible after two days of applying nail polish. As a mom I'm always using my hands and more times than not I don't have all the time in the world to keep redoing my nail polish. I was watching Gina's video last night (lovepeaceandlipgloss) and she was talking about Broadway Press on nails... they looked amazing on her. I've never been a fan of press on nails maybe because as I child they always looked cheap and I wasn't allowed to use glue on my fingers. Remember the little peel on clue... those suckers would pop off after 30 minutes! These aren't your momma's 80's style press on nails. Oh no. They look very nice and feel really natural. They aren't thick or super long. You can wear these up to 7 days and they are only $5.99... so that means it would be a little over $24 a month to maintain. $24 a month! You'd spend that (plus some) in ONE visit to the salon.
They were really easy to apply... 5 minutes tops! You just apply a little glue on the nail that fits your finger and a light layer on your actual nail... hold for 5 seconds and you are good to go!


NAILS BEFORE... nothing special.


Presto Chango!


There's still a little glue on the edges and on my thumb but once I take a hot shower I think all of it will wash off.  Oh and don't mind the self tanner on my wrist... it's wearing off... I know... not the best look! :)

I'm really excited that I found these because they are definitely going to make me feel a lot better about my nails.


17 comments:

Hollywood said...

My nails are terrible too and there is nothing I can do about it and that's why I am a press on nails addict I always have a box at home and in my purse I can wear them for one week without any problem it's cheaper and healthier than acrylique and to me since they are really think they look more natutal than acrylique's ones.

Jane said...

I love press on nails! I was shocked when I first tried them and some people asked me if I went to the nail salon!

makeupaddict00.blogspot.com

Chrissy said...

These nails look great and I couldn't tell if they were real or not.

Muhsine said...

Looks great, I go through phases with press on nails, overall i like them as I can do them myself. x

Michélle said...

Wow, I couldn't tell those were press-ons! They look so natural and delicate :)

Steph said...

Wow, I have to check these out! I haven't seen them since the whole tacky press on nail thing but these look great! Thanks!

jewelboxdreams said...

What are your real nails like after your take these off?

Erica said...

Girl, I just discovered a great nail glue because the glue that comes with the press on nails never holds well but I got the 'brush on glue' from Sally's and it is amazing...I can totally relate to what you're saying about the nails! I love press on nails now!

btw-Your nails look very nice! :)

Barbie said...

I've been wearing press on nails lately too! :) Instant manicure!

Ps - lol@"presto chango"

Natasha82 said...

I love the Broadway nails too! I've been using them off and on for the last couple of years and find they look great for up to one week. You really can't go wrong!

Steph said...

I just looked these up to go buy them and found a $2 off coupon on their site.
I have the world's worst nails so I think these might be fun.

asianlashes said...

I really like press on nails, but i always have a problem because the glue forms bubbles that are really noticable between my real nail and the press on ! :(
any suggestions?

Scientific Housewife said...

I just bought a pair to wear to a wedding I'm in this weekend. I haven't worn press ons in years but I'm super excited. Yours look great!

Miss Cupcake said...

Gorgeous nails and omg I love you wedding set..toooo diiie <3

ColleenNoble said...

I love these, I had a very important job interview a few weeks ago and I did not have time to go to a salon. I went to Walgreen's and I actually got these on sale for $1.98!!! I bought them and put them on in the car in like 5 minutes. I loved them so much that I went to 3 different Walgreen's and bought the entire stock of them!! Best part, no one knows that they are press on!

hauteXamour said...

Thanks for the review! I'm a subscriber now :) How long did these last for you?

Cara Christine said...

I'm hautexamour and you subscribed to me? I am deleting that blog and making a new one and have had no one subscribe :( here is the address:

http://carachristine3/blogspot.com