Sunday, March 21, 2010

Goodbye Darkness- Get rid of dark circles

Now these are some tired momma eyes. I have blueish/purple circles under my eyes due to lack of sleep (almost 3 years of it) and I pretty much look tried ALL the time. Dark circles can be very aging on the face so I had to find a solution to this pesky problem. My eye "bags" are also a little puffy and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about that. 

Dark circles all natural and at their finest.
Step 1: I added YSL Touche Eclat (color #1) to add a subtle highlight and brighten up the darkness.

Step 2: Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer in Light Golden. Because I have blueish/purple circles I picked a concealer with a yellow base to help counter act those colors. I also took the concealer down on my nose and between my brows. 

Step 3: Benefit Powerflage really helps to even everything out and camouflage any darkness that your concealer didn't cover.

Here are the products:
The YSL Touche Eclat is a highlighter pen made to give you a refreshed look and help cover up any minor darkness (such as an acne scar). I'm still figuring it out and my feelings are a little mixed on this.

Amazing Concealer: I can't say enough AMAZING things about this product. It wasn't named the 'Amazing Concealer' for nothing. It's creamy, easy to work with, doesn't set into fine lines and covers those dark circles right up.

Benefits Powderflage: This product really is quite cool. It smooths out everything under your eyes and takes away any darkness that your concealer could not cover. It's a VERY light, barely there powder!

I think using all of these products really help to make me look feel more awake and not look like something out of the night of the living dead.

Do you have certain products that you consider a "miracle" to disguise dark circles? Now only if I could figure out a permanent way to get rid of the bags. :(


22 comments:

DeAnna said...

oh my gosh!! amazing!! this is what i need for my tired dark bags... what a great difference!!

Hope said...

Wow I should try this! Your dark circles are completely gone!

Ebru said...

What a difference! Looks great ;)I've been meaning to get Amazing concealer but I always wonder off to something else and end up forgetting to buy it everytime I go to Sephora or Ulta!

Hollywood said...

Sarah, you did an amazing great job ! you totally brightened your face...You are so lucky you have found the products that work fabulous on you !

Chloe.

LoveLipstickandLime said...

Big difference! Thank goodness for makeup. No one would ever guess you're probably on 4 hrs sleep ;) xxN

Ally said...

That is such a difference! I lvoe that you use simple, quick and easy methods to look polished.

I love my bobbi brown corrector and concealer with the yellow powder to set on top, it really cancels out my dark dark circles. I love my amazing cosmetics concealer too, but its difficult to get in the uk and for the price, bobbi brown just wins.

ellamarie84 said...

they really do work wonders, love the before and after! I've always been curious about the powderflage. I wish there was more out there for undereye bags, too. I don't have super dark circles but I make up for it with my HUGE puffy bags, haha :)

Suzanne said...

What a difference! I am still looking for the mac-daddy concealer!
Just wait till your 42 like me then come tell me about dark circles and bags!! You look fab in the before and the after pictures!!
but I must say I'm running out to get Amazing concealer...who knows that (fingers crossed)could be my mac-daddy concealer!!

TheChanelista said...

Wow! Really good transformation. Great post!

Marce said...

Amazing how much a difference all those products make! Though it'd be even better if only one thing could solve our dark circle problems!

SUZY_GIRL said...

I have been following you on YT and twitter for ages and I always hear you talk about being tired and I was like Uh girl you look so amazing when you are tired...I look like a sea monster...Im super glad you did this post. Im going to try this (with different products though...we dont have the concealer company or Benefit here...worst luck) I hope I look as good as you in the end...
Toodles...
Suzy_girl

giang said...

loveeeee this post! it was very helpful!

AugustRouge said...

Great post!! I cant get enough of your blogs!

Nyx said...

I hate the YSL Touche Eclat! I think it was the most regreted buy in my life...
It was no use for me, consealed nothing and stucked + magnified the fine lines under my eye.
Also went bad in a few months and the brush kind of moulded!
I was happy to throw it to the garbage! It was about 5 years ago and it cost me about 40$!!!

iheart said...

and these aren't retouched in the least?... Amazing concealor wasn't the greatest for me. eve pearl salmon concleaor on the otherhand works great for dark under eye circles. ^^

Anke said...

Following your blog is really, really bad for my bank account - but hopefully good for me. :) I just ordered the "Powderflage". I've always felt that the Toche Eclat is not worth all the hype. I have very, very fair skin and it didn't really do a lot for me - especially if you consider the price.

J-Ezzy said...

I will be looking into Amazing Cosmetics!!! I can't even tell you put on concealer!! I'm glad you found what works for you :)

I still haven't found...who knows, this may be it!

btw - I tried powderflage and it made my lines so obvious :( I suck at application apparently

Michy said...

Great post! I too love Benefit's Powderflage for setting concealer around the eyes. It's very fine and doesn't cake up like some powders can. I alternate it with Laura Mercier Brightening powder which I love as well. Really wanting to try Eve Pearl's salmon concealer for circles though.

Rebecca-Kristi said...

I use a peach based corrector from Bobbi Brown, and then the creamy concealer. I set it with the powder it comes with and use a brush instead of the puff. A really cheap but incredible concealer is the Maybelline Double Face Perfector. One end concealer, and the other is a highlighter the same texture and look as Touche Eclat. ;)

D said...

OMG i have SUITCASES not bags under my eyes!!! lolol ! My favorite is Benefits Boing concealer, that bad boy covers everything.Love your blog and videos doll!! Cant wait to try the powderflouge!! I'm a new follower and a newbie blogger:) come visit/follow me. :)

xoxo
http://daybyday-d.blogspot.com/

MandiMomof3 said...

I just wanted to leave a Drugstore dupe for the YSL Touche and Diors Skinflash pen. Its Milani's HD Concealer pen. Its only $8.00 and is very similar. I am a mommy of 3 and it works wonders for my dark circles and crows feet that my wonderful boys have given me. :) I also use a little around my nose and top of my lip to highlight that area. You can find it at CVS or Milani.com.

Jo' said...

Very helpful post :)