Sunday, August 30, 2009

L'OREAL Extra Volume Collagen Mascara


A few weeks ago I saw a commercial for this mascara staring Eva Longoria. Like ALL mascara commercials the actress or models lashes look out of this world good. I had to get my hands on this.

So, here's it's claims and then I'll tell you my thoughts.

12 x more impact instantly.

No flakes.

No Clumps.

No Smudges.

50% bigger than your classic brush.


Ok, so let me say this... this mascara does give some serious length however it took 3 to 4 coats to get it that way. After the 2nd or 3rd coat I noticed CLUMPS and my lashes were sticking together a little. There were no smudges just as they claim and no flakes. This is a waterproof mascara (which I didn't see when I bought it... I hate waterproof) and it's a beast to take off! The brush is a pretty nice size but for some reason it felt a little weird on my lashes. It's not a "soft" brush but it wasn't hard either. I guess what I'm trying to say is the brush bristles were a tiny bit rough but not in a bad way just a weird way. I found mine at Walmart for $6.48 and it came 2 for 1 in the package.

I think that this is a good mascara but not a great mascara. I'm by no means jumping around with joy but it's decent. I'm not sure if I'd recommend this if you have shorter lashes only because I feel like your lashes may stick together and we all know that's not the look you are going for.
Hope that was helpful if you were looking into buying this!:)

8 comments:

glimmeringmetal said...

thanks for this review! 3 times ive grabbed it about to buy it then put it back cause I was skeptical :p thanks!

Kamani said...

Good review. I was thinking about trying this but I think I can wait cause I really like the mascara I've got now.

mosha said...

thanks for the review dear.. try Giorgio Armani's EYES TO KILL mascara .. you'll love it!

dlbc said...

Great review. I never have luck with any of those mascaras so I always just opt for falsies. I use lustrify mascara by Motives when I don't feel like fighting with lashes. Also a makeup artist once told me to add a tiny drop of water to help with clumping. This was an overall great review.

http://www.motivescosmetics.com/dajahleebc/index.cfm?action=shopping.csProductDetail&groupID=C_CS_USA&cat2ID=USA21129&cat3ID=USA32721

Yelena said...

Very Accurate review!! I feel the same about the mascara!! I bought Lancome Fatal yesterday and will do a review after a few tries :-)

dressjunkie said...

Gosh, I hate Waterproof too, I'm so paranoid about wrinkles now that I'm 30 and I hate having to scrub to get a mascara off! Great review, you've saved me £10 which is what one costs in the UK. We are sooooo ripped off xox

yorkieluvs said...

Omg you have amazing lashes! Thanks so much for the review!

Moira said...

About that mascara and Eva on the commercial..I thought the same thing...but we all know she and all the other ads for mascara are actually wearing false lashes..it is not the mascara. However I tried it..and you are correct! Takes alot of applications and then is very chunky and good awful looking, at least on me.