Saturday, May 16, 2009

Haul or Beauty Spree...or...

Macface2adore (Jennifer) and I were trying to find a different word for "haul" last week on twitter and we came up with "Beauty Spree." Some people hate it...some people love it. To us the word "haul" sounds like you are hauling trash to the curb or hauling furniture. It just doesn't make sense it it's not glamours by any means.

The word spree means: Verb 1. spree - engage without restraint in an activity and indulge, as when shopping, a brief period of extravagant spending, a brief indulgence of your impulses.

The word Haul means:To transport, as with a truck or cart, To pull or drag forcibly; tug.

So, my challenge to you is to come up with something cute for the word haul.

In the end...it doesn't matter which word you like or if you are a fan of either or neither. It's really all about what a person wants to call their beauty buys. It's not intended to cause drama... cause after all... it's just a word!!:)

Do you like the word haul, beauty spree or what word do you think fits extravagant spending!? :)

9 comments:

Marie said...

I hate the word haul but use it for the same reason that everyone uses it - because it's well known. I dont know why I just couldn't figure out something else to use instead. I hate the word haul for the same reason you hate it!

It seems obvious "Spree" now you pointed it out! Duh to me! xx

LucĂ­a said...

You have a nice blog!

mizzworthy said...

I personally don't mind either word - I just love to see the pretty things people buy! What about the word "splurge"?

–verb (used without object) 1. to indulge oneself in some luxury or pleasure, esp. a costly one: They splurged on a trip to Europe.
2. to show off.

–verb (used with object) 3. to spend (money) lavishly or ostentatiously: He splurged thousands on the party.

–noun 4. an ostentatious display, esp. an extravagantly expensive one.

Although I disagree about the showing off bit, we do love to treat ourselves to bits and bobs of makeup, its a treat, and I think the word implies it well!

bubblegarm said...

hmm i dont mind either word.. what about, let me think.... beauty indulgence, beauty treats. Spree and splurge are just as good! x love the new blog layout too! x

Valerie Valentine said...

i think "haul" came from the noun version which is "something that is taken or acquired: The thieves' haul included several valuable paintings." i agree that we need to come up with a new word tho! something less masculine. spree is cute :) or maybe "beauty loot" lol

www.dressjunkie.com said...

How about Swag? I always love that word x

Dannimag said...

I don't mind what word people use, I'm just curious what people got. ;)
Oh I noticed that you use clinque cream shaper eyeliner in Egyptian. I was just wondering if it were worth getting? And how do you sharpen it? Because it is not like a normal eyeliner pencil. Thanks!

Rubiiee said...

Haha "beauty spree" sounds cute =]

just Mom said...

Glamour goodies is cute or

Indulgences: ( I particularly like this word)
1. tielding to somebody's wish:
the act of gratifying or yielding to a wish

2.something allowed as luxury:
something that somebody lets himself or herself or another person have, especially a luxury

Love your tuts and vids and now I have found your blog! I am a mom as well and I love to see that you dont have to fall into the rut that most moms tend to fall in (including myself) Thanks for the inspiration!!!