Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A review: St. Tropez Whipped Bronze Mousse



By far the BEST self tanner that I've EVER used. No joke. St. Tropez Whipped Bronze Mousse is also different than any self tanner I've ever used. It comes in pump type bottle. When you shake the bottle the tanner is in a liquid form but when you push down the pump the product comes out as a foamy dark mousse.

The whipped mousse glides on the skin very smooth and because of the dark color you can see exactly where you are distributing it so that means no streaks or patches. You see instant color but the color deepens and develops to it's full color in 3 hours. So, make sure you don't shower within those 3 hours. The color always turns out to a nice golden brown shade that looks very natural and you can always just a apply a little at first and then gradually build it to a darker looking tan.

-Perks that this tanner has-
Dries in 60 seconds...yes...60 seconds. That means no more waiting around in your bathroom for 5 minutes for it to try so you can put your clothes on.

-There is NO scent. Thank you, thank you ST. Tropez. I have the funky scents most self tanners have.

-The color! It's stunning. It's VERY natural... and has a way of always making you look so glowey and 10lbs lighter...seriously.

-Your face and make-up will look better!!

-It lasts 3-4 days

CONS-
There aren't many...

-The price! 4oz is $22 and the $8oz is $38 or $40 ( I can't remember).
I got mine from www.essentialdayspa.com

-It stains your hands if you don't wear gloves so be careful and wash them right away or wear gloves!


If you end up getting it...I hope you love it as much as I do. It's amazing! People will ask you if you "went somewhere warm"...I bet ya $10!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Hi Sarah! I just bought this and can't wait to try it!!

Su said...

Hi Sarah:
Do you also use it on your neck? Or your neck and face will looks different...lol
Is it good for skin. Before I put on makeup,I want to make sure it is not bad for skin. Because I have a sensitive skin.
Thanks for sharing!

bubblegarm said...

I'm def going to try this!!! x

L said...

I looked on the site where you got yours and did not see this mousse. Does it have a different name?

Cathy said...

Thanks for this review! This looks like a great product, though I found it hard to locate too. I believe this is because they are changing the packaging on their entire product line. I was able to find it on QVC for $46 (which includes tax + s/h), which is a package deal of the 8oz mousse + a 4oz body polisher for tan prep. I can't wait to try it out!!

~ Kelly Ann ♥ said...

Where do you purchase St. Tropez Whipped? I couldn't find it on Sephora website- and amazon has it- but looks like a different label - I just want to make sure I get the correct one. I'm going to Hawaii in 3 weeks- and I need something ASAP

http://kellyannstudio.blogspot.com/

~ Kelly Ann ♥ said...

Opps -omit my last msg. I just read your post-and saw you order from www.essentialdayspa.com-- I just placed my order from there- So thanks for recommending -

{{Hugs}}

Kelly Ann~