Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Comparison between Bliss Labs and Clean & Clear

I'm going to do a quick comparison between Bliss Labs Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask and Clean & Clear's Oxygenating Fizzing Cleanser.
Now I know these are two different products...one is a mask and one is a cleanser. However, I didn't see much of a difference between the two except the Clean and Clear was a little better and let me tell you why.

Ok, so the Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask is a mask you leave on your face for about 5 minutes 2-3 times a week. You apply it to a damp face and it starts to foam up...it's a very light foam and starts to fade away very quickly. You might feel a bit of a tingly itcy sensation because the form creates little bubbles and they start popping...it feel very itcy like I said. I'm always very tempted to scratch my face. I will admit my face feels very smooth and it gives a rose look to the cheeks... but other that that...I'm not sure what it does. I'm kinda confused, really. It's $50 I believe from Sephora's. $50 is a lot of money to give you kinda smooth skin for a day. For me... it's really not worth the money.
Photobucket

Clean & Clear makes the Oxygenating Fizzing Cleanser and I think this is way better and basically does the SAME thing except it deep cleans your skin and removes your make-up. It foams up 10X's better than the Bliss Mask. It's foam city...and I liked it! My face felt very smooth and it always gave a little rosyness to the cheeks. I don't really care for that though because I have enough red in my skin. This cleanser is gentle, non-drying, clears acne, goes on thick, washes off easy, nice scent. There are a lot of pros to this and not very many cons. I can't think of any. The price is I believe $7...you can't beat that.
Photobucket

So, to me they are basically the same but the clean and clear cleanses your skin and is a lot less expensive!
Bliss Labs Price: $52
Clean and Clear Price: $6-7.99

10 comments:

AznGurl said...

yay luv finding drugstore alternatives!

hv u tried the l'oreal super-blendable foundations? I heard its comparable to department store foundations, esp estee lauder (who owns l'oreal).

just bought one today =D

Emma said...

Great! I like clean & clear + the price is better. xxx

lollipop26 said...

I wish they had that clean and clear cleanser here in the UK...fingers crossed it hits us soon because it sounds amazing! I have always thought bliss stuff is incredibly overpriced...

noga said...

i will try the clean and clear sounds amazing.sara have u tried the Liquide Keratin for straight hair??? its available now at Ulta i have ur same probleme with my hair too, i didnt try it yet. if u know anything about it plz let me know.by the way whats the hair color that u r using? i like it very much.

Sarah Bella said...

@noga
To tell you the truth I don't really know the name of the hair color. It's been since July since I've put any color on my hair. The color you see is pretty much my natural color. Whenever I do color my hair I always just use dark brown (ash I believe cause I don't want to much red in it). I don't use one certain brand sorry. Oh but I did find a box of the color I used last. It's called sweet cola (30) by nutrisse. It's faded a lot since then. Hope that helps.

noga said...

thx sara.

Sarai said...

hey sarah! great comparison.and the fact that clean and clear is found in drugstores, make it an easy-to-get/stock-up-on product. i've tried "high end" stuff and somehow the cheaper "regular" brands usually work the same, if not, better. im gonna try this! thanks :)

Yelebella said...

Ooo I definitely want to try Clean and Clear cleanser :-)

Alexandra said...

I definetely want to try that Clean and Clear cleanser. And I agree with lollipop 26, bliss is overpriced. I think they make ok stuff, but not for the price they ask. Thanks for the review!

Hunters Ridge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.