Monday, February 16, 2009

Baby Diaper Rash Cream on your face? WHAT?

Lollipop26 mentioned not that long ago that she used Sudocrem (which is a diaper rash cream for babies) and it worked wonders on her face. I don't know if they sell that brand in the US but I've got babies so you better believe I've got diaper cream at my house. I thought I'd try it because hey it couldn't hurt. Diaper rash cream is made to soothe, moisturize, calm, reduce redness, and helped chapped skin...it's made for the MOST SENSITIVE skin (a baby)!

THIS DID WONDERS. You know the saying..."as smooth as a baby's bottom"...well...I'm here to tell you... that's what your face will feel like. No joke.

I have a lot of redness in my skin and it's been extremely dry and flaky from the cold this winter. I put the cream on my face (I used A&D ointment but you could use any brand) and let it sit on my face for 2 hours ( some people sleep with it on). When I washed it off...wow! So smooth and a lot less red....and felt SO moisturized! I read that it can also help with acne because it has zinc oxide in it.

I highly, highly recommend you try this...yes the thought of putting diaper rash cream on your face is kinda weird but it really works and you'll be on your way to being as smooth as a baby's bottom!:) :) :)

17 comments:

Meya said...

omg! I'm really going to try this. I as well have a baby so if it worked wonders for you then why not give it a try.... I'll let you know how it goes.

Av said...

Hi there, have missed your posts glad your back!!!

KerryMarie said...

i've been using sudocrem and my skin has got so mcuh better! (i was suffering with a breakout) it helps them heal wonderfully!

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

O_O it would be so much cheaper than my $80 cream if this works...def trying it this wk!

Manisha said...

Wow, I am so going to try that on my acne!

Sarah Bella said...

@Meya- yes let me know if it works on you!!!:)

Sarah Bella said...

@Paint me Gorgeous-
What kinda cream do you use? I wouldn't replace it with my cream but rather use it as kinda a nighly mask a few times a week.

Charlene said...

this is true A+D really does help! I've tried it too!

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

I use Elemis SOS Emergency Cream. Depending on the retailer, it's a whopping $70-$80. It's the only thing that works on my acne AND dry spots at the same time...

lollipop26 said...

i am so glad you found a substitute for the sudocrem. this is the most awesome skincare product ever! :)

Jesse said...

I tried this last night after reading your post and it made my skin feel so much softer!

marshmallows said...

9ij o.O

ambi ana mra grait ina sandra bullock t7e6 cream boaser 7ag her face bs 7di matjr2t ine ajrb =\

Rebecca said...

What about Desitin? Would it work...? lol I know we have it. I'm really having dry/red skin issues from Winter. It's so thick and white though, and that scent... I just don't know. I will look around the store and see what else they have.

Sarah Bella said...

@Rebecca
Desitin would work, too. They all are basicly the same thing. I hope it works for you!

Guess said...

This stuff is GREAT. The funny thing is last night I gave it a try, why not? You put it on our babies bottoms. It's awesome. I have a problem with Redness. It soothed it and make my dryness go away.

Thanks!
Texan Living in UAE

TwinMed said...

This sounds really funny and almost like an invention outbreak of a mother who would have run out of creams to try this one.The stuff used to make this anti rash cream should be good I am sure it works...
wet wipes

El King Moringa said...

Buy Newborn Baby Skin Care & Baby Bath Products Online in India