Thursday, January 29, 2009

A horrible product design but I'm glad I'm in on the secret!

I'm talking about the Urban Decay Primer Potion! Amazing product...HORRIBLE product design but they know what they are doing. They know that thousands of girls buy this and think that the tube is empty, throw it away and buy a new one.. but ah-ha... it's not...there is still MONTHS of product left. Thankfully I found a great video on YT that informed me about this and what to do about it!
In the video she said to take a very sharpe knife and cut it down the center... I opted to use these amazing magic scissors called "Open it". A knife sounded way to hard and dangerous for my liking. A finger is not worth a few more months of UDPP.
I used the "Open it" and after some pressure (maybe 3 times) it cracked and it pulled the tube apart. Let me tell you... I was SHOCKED. I'd seen it on YT but still I was shocked. There was SO much UDPP left.
I'm so happy I found out to do this but a little disappointed that a company would knowingly let consumers waste so much product...more money for them I guess.
Here are so pictures... look how much I got!! Next time your UDPP is running low and you are scraping the inside tube...don't throw it away! You still have months of product left!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Night, girls!:)

13 comments:

Laura said...

That is SO bad, there was loads left...shocking design, but yes like you say, they are making a lot from it...grr!

Thanks for posting this!

x x x

~Nicole~ said...

That is a good idea, I need to try with mine.

www.dressjunkie.com said...

It is a terrible waste, however I just love the shape of the bottle, so I'll settle for having to cut them open at the end of the day :)

Lipsandlashes said...

Could you not try the lipgloss trick of putting in boiling water so it all moves down to the bottom. I dont have UDPP so im not sure of the consistency and if it would work but may be worth a try to save having to cut it all open xx

mizzworthy said...

I know - it such a good product, I read recently that they were going to redesign the packaging. It also works if you bang it down on the base apparently - moves the product down to the bottom of the tube...

Lynne said...

Just be super, super careful and make sure that the jar is air tight sealed. Otherwise your UDPP might dry up after decanting. Very sweet blog, by the way. Cheers, Lynne

Elainah said...

I would put mine into this:

https://www.starsmakeuphaven.com/product_info.php?products_id=206

RedEmily said...

It is shocking how many people out there are constantly trying to cheat us out of money! Such a waste! I cut open pretty much every bottle of product these days!



-Emily

http://www.emilywylde.blogspot.com

Sheri said...

I agree with you that its a disgrace they are producing this in this packaging .. STILL.
I read on other sites where people actually emailed their complaints to UD and even told the how people were cutting them open.. and how dangerous it is.
The reply came back that they are working on new packaging ASAP.
but guess what.. they just released a tinted UDPP.. in the SAME packaging!
Not cool...

Hannah-Cherie said...

Its a pain isn't it! I was one of the ones who complained to them and they said they are working on it!! So maybe one day we will have better packaging!

Jen said...

I want those scissors!!! Where did you get them??

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
giz89 said...

i feel like asking random people if they have empty UDPP bottles haha. btw i just added this on stumbleupon!!