Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Help girls! I need advice!

Ok, so I'm so tired of my wavy/curly hair!! It takes wayyy to long to style and never looks right. I've been doing some research about different professional hair straighteners/relaxers.
I heard about one called the Japanese Hair Straightener. It costs about &400+ ($100 an hour) but it makes your hair extremely straight, smooth and silky. You don't even need to blow dry your hair! I read some reviews about it online and makeupalley and everyone raves about it! 97% would do it again on MUA. The price is a little too much for me and I don't know if I want my hair poker straight for a year. I don't think my hair looks that good flat like that but NO BLOWDRYING!!! I'm sold.

The other one the girl at the salon told me about was by Rusk and it was called the Anti Curl. This one does make your hair pretty straight but still leaves some body which I really like. It's only $100 with cut and style. MUCH BETTER! However, the reviews aren't so great. Only like %67 people on MUA would do it again. Some said it totally ruined their hair and didn't really do anything and others said it worked amazingly.

So, my question you is... have you done one of these or know of someone who has. If so... how did it work and was it worth it?

I have the type of hair that if I even highlight it it's fried and frizzy! I have pretty dry hair that breaks easily!

Thanks for your help, girls!!

8 comments:

ann marie said...

i have never gotten any of those done but my mom is a hair stylist and i do know that the Japanese hair straightening perm thing only last till your roots grow out and get all frizzy or curly again...

i have naturally curly hair and i straighten it every day.. i wash my hair at night and just let it dry and than i the morning i put in this serum (dont have the name, ask me if you want it and i'll go find it) and i flat iron it with my fusion that works extremely well

Angmbee said...

So I'm still in beauty school so I'm not a total expert but I would not recommend chemically straightening your hair. Its very damaging, I'm not familiar with the Japanese hair straightening so I can't really speak on that. I really only recommend it if you hair is very curly and hard to manage. What I would recommend is a good ceramic flat iron and a good heat protecter like CHI's silk infusion.

Maryssa said...

I have done the Japanese one. It does make your hair straight however it also makes it really thin. So at first, your face will look odd but you will get used to it. It lasts about a year. They do have regular treaments to make it last longer and to prevent hair loss (which might be a side effect though it depends). Your hair is also longer. I would recommend it only if you have long hair, if, it's short it starts to fold at the shoulders.

Sarah Bella said...

Thanks for your helps, girls!:)

Anonymous said...

I have actually gotten the Japanese treatment because I got suckered in by my hair dresser, rightfully so because I do have pretty frizzy, thick, and wavy hair. It was nice having my hair straight and not having to do any work to it really; however, it damaged my hair so badly. My hair was drier and my ends were horrible. Also, remember that your hair will grow out and it will be weird having wavy hair near your roots and everything else straight. In my honest opinion, I would never do it again, the pros certainly did not outweigh the cons. I would definitely just save your $400, but it is ultimately up to you :)

Hope this helped!
- Kristine

rpg08 said...

hi..i love your blog and youtube videos! :)
I've gotten the Japanese de-ionizing hair straitening done before and it really works. You do not have to blow dry and your hair is always perfectly straight. It made my hair look really shiny and healthy.
But, I would never do it again. I am like you in that I don't like the poker straight look. It made my hair look flat. I like a little volume. Also it was very hard to hold a curl.

And I think any other straightening/relaxer treatment is a waste of money, because they usually don't work or they make your hair look dry/frizzy.

If time is a concern, I would invest in the CHI Wet-to-Dry flat iron. Hands down the best flat iron I've ever tried. And you can use it when your hair is towel/air dried.

:) Hope this helps. Good luck with whatever you decide.

ClassyDea66 said...

like ann marie said the Japanese hair straightner doesn't last long. Once you're roots are growing out it doesn't look too well. I know of someone who did and the first week it looked amazing after that it was BLAH! she had to straighten her hair daily. I don't think the $400 dollars is worth it...

MakeUpMadeEasy said...

I will tell you I got my hair straightened twice first time inlondon On Middleton Road London N22 wood green to be precise it was in a afro carribean hair studio. the second was at home in ireland in just a hair salon. The job they did in london was exceptional but in ireland they singed my hair off it was half way down my back and i had to get 12 inches choped off it and eventually have it shaved to no 4 the moral of this story is go to an african carribean hair studio they are used to straightening hair they will look at yours and tell you whether you should get it done or not. If they say yes they will use a mild relaxer on it and if they say no they will refuse to do it for you. A refusal wont be out of malice or laziness but because the chemicals used would irreversably damage your hair. I use a GHD its mini one but they do a great job of straightening unruly locks .... good luck