Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Foundations that I have and what I feel about them

I'm really not a big foundation gal to be honest with you but I've been wearing them more this year for some odd reason. Maybe it's because I'm getting older and I need more coverage or maybe I just was bored with using the Bare Minerials (doubt it, though..I love BM).
Here is what I have and here is what I feel about each one.
-Smashbox HD Heathly FX Foundation in Fair F2
I just got this one and I have to say I'm quite impressed. It glides on very smoothly and doesn't feel heavy on my face. It's a light foundation but it gives very nice coverage. It doesn't have a scent so that's a plus for me. It seems to be very gentle on the face. This one so far seems to be a winner in my book. It was $38 from Sephora.

-Revlon ColorStay in 180 Sand Beige
I really like this one. To me this seems like a MAC Studio Fix NW20 dupe except it doesn't smell bad like the MAC and doesn't break my face out also like the MAC.
This has amazing coverage! It's a long wearing foundation so that means not a lot of touch ups during the day because it lasts a long time..hence the name ColorStay!:) It's kinda thick in the consistancy but doesn't feel cakey or drying on my face. It doesn't really have a scent either... I'm very please with this one as well.
Around $10 from the drugstone

-MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW20
Why I keep using this is beyond me! I will be nice and say it does give great coverage however... it smells HORRIBLE!! The first day I tried it I had a headache from it. That's not good! This stuff breaks my face out BAD. It's not like normal pimples either.. I can't even explain it...they are like deep under the skin and just stay there... like a hard bump...gross!! I've heard other people say this foundation broke their face out with weird pimples, too...two of which were my sister in-laws who were using this as well. Time to chuck this one I think.

-L'Oreal True Match in W3 Nude Beige
I've had no problemos with this one! It's a very nice color and gives medium coverage and feels light on the face. This has no scent and I've had no problems with this one breaking me out. I don't normally grab this one but I really should. It's a very nice CHEAP foundation. Cheap in price but not in quality!

Photobucket

Photobucket

From left to right- smashbox, ColorStay, MAC, L'oreal

8 comments:

KerryMarie said...

My mac broke me out aswell, i feel awful because my boyfriend bought it as an early xmas present and i've only used it for a few days and i really don't like it!

tricia said...

I am so glad that someone else is not in love with Studio Fix ... Thanks for the reviews

Yelebella said...

I have tried all but the Smashbox, and now I'm interested! Could you please do a review on it once you use it for a longer time...if you still love it I may go for it!

Sarah Bella said...

@Yelebella
I will for sure let you know once I use it for a long time. I did a big no no last night... I was too tired to wash my face (I've got two babies!) and I just crashed with the Smashbox on my face and NO PIMPLES this morning so far... but I'll give it a few weeks and let you know.
So far I'm pleased with it.

Sarah Bella said...

@KerryMarie
Seriously... take it back if it breaks you out! Your boyfriend will understand! Just pick out something else. There is no point in using it just because you feel bad... it will keep breaking you out. I know.. believe me. I kept using the MAC even though I knew what it did but I'm so over it..I don't want pimples from it!!!

Rebecca said...

The MAC is giving you cystic acne.. very hard bumps that never surface and just sit there.

nikkiga1530 said...

I'm a BE girl too, but I've been trying liquid foundation this year also. I was NOT impressed with MAC SFF, broke me out to and not normal pimples either, like you said. Hard knots, but never really surface. Gave that away on MUA. I do love the Revlon Colorstay, no complaints on that. I've been eyeing the Smashbox you talked about, so I'd be interested in a review of it too. Thanks!!!

Stavroula said...

I love Revlon Colorstay, we even use the same shade! ;) L'Oreal True Match doesn't last on me :(